Pages

Friday, December 8, 2006

Emancipation... (Sort of)

December 8, is a GOOD day! Firstly because it's Friday and I like Fridays, and secondly because the twins turn 18. It's nice to know that your legal responsibilities to someone are over and you could now have them seek a living space elsewhere if you really wanted to... But of course, that's not what I'm about. Still, it's a good day!

Today also marks 6 months since the surgery to repair my unceremoniously ruptured achilles tendon. The Orthopedic surgeon actually fired me a month ago because I'd made such good progress, but now I'm 'officially' free to pursue whatever physical activity I can stand. (So now, I can be officially happy about it). I have no plans to re-injure any portion of my anatomy, however, so will be sure to ease back into fitness slowly. As far as the ankle is concerned, I have between now and 6 months to find out what it's going to be like long-term, so the pain isn't exactly over with just yet.
Still, it's a good day.

No comments: